Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Life - Update

So I sent off all of the contracts and what-nots to the editor of Crossed Genres yesterday. It felt pretty good to be at the post office with something like that. I had to resist the urge to blabber on at the post person about what it was.

On another note, my writing has come easier since receiving my acceptance letter. I think I was beginning to doubt myself a bit. I know that's pretty stupid. Most authors have at least a hundred rejections on hand before they get there first acceptance, but I don't think it was so much about the rejections, you know?

I think I was suffering from a bit of what always sabotages me. I think I was just afraid of finding out. Getting the acceptance letter was more freeing then anything else. It was like, okay, that parts over. Now I can just go back to writing without the expectations. Of course I want to be published again, but now that it's happened once I know I'm doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment